Unit Size Guidelines for Residential Items
Now that you have a general idea of how you will organize your unit, visualize the amount of space that it will take up. Here is a quick reference guide from the experts at Lock Tite Storage in Flat Rock, MI to what kind of items you can fit into the different size units.
Our Available Storage Units:
- 5' x 5' (25 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold a chest of drawers, a small mattress set, boxes and small items. These units are useful for garden tools or seasonal decorative items.
- 5' x 10' (50 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold furnishings of a mid-size bedroom, including a queen-size bed, dresser, TV and a few storage boxes.
- 10' x 10' (100 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold the contents of an entire family room or two full bedrooms.
- 10' x 15' (150 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold the contents of up to three bedrooms in this unit. These are recommended for larger items such as pianos, couches, tables or large-screen TVs.
- 10' x 20' (200 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold the contents of a five-bedroom house, including a refrigerator, washer/dryer, dining room table, chairs and large boxes.
- 10' x 30' (300 Sq. Ft.) – Will hold the contents of a 5- to 7-bedroom house, including large items such as a couch, bed, fridge and entertainment center.
Nobody wants to pay for storage they don’t need. But a little extra space makes moving around within the unit much easier. It also gives you room to add those unplanned items that always seem to pop up.
Get Started Today
Call us to get started with the storage process.